PC Clinic: Win a 6 Month Membership Extension - Sign Up a New Member !
Hands-On Help for Your Computer
Fairfax June and December Meetings
Special Session - Jan 20, 2018
Guidelines (Revised 01/2016)
Clinic Services Limited to Dues-Paid Members
of OPCUG & PATACS, Only!!
- Please call the PATACS AnswerLine (703-370-7649) and advise what kind of problem you'll be seeking help with. Also, please send email with that information to pc_clinic(at)patacs.org.
- Hours from 12:30 to 3:30 PM. Services are free, on a "users helping users" basis, and available only for user group members of PATACS and OPCUG. Any donations received from appreciative parties will be directed by their request to the clubs' door prize funds, donations to the group treasury, or, for OPCUG members, to Friends of OLLI for the benefit of OPCUG.
- PATACS and other user group experts will help attendees resolve problems with their computer systems. Software and hardware assistance will be available for Windows PC and Linux computers
- PATACS & OPCUG disclaim all responsibility for any problems or data loss that
may arise resulting from hardware or software assistance rendered. PATACS
recommends that a backup of all personal data files be performed prior to
bringing the system to the clinic, if possible. Repairs will not be
performed without the attendee's consent.
- Attendees seeking assistance must bring in all hardware, software, and
documentation necessary for proper diagnosis / repair or upgrade. Generally,
in cases involving the CPU and associated hardware / software, this will
entail bringing in the system unit, power cords, cables, software, upgrade hardware, and hardware/software
documentation. We have available flat panel monitors, keyboards, and mice. If your problem is related to your video display, you should bring your monitor and associated cables, so we may eliminate those as a source of the trouble.
- Attendees seeking Operating System installations should call the PATACS AnswerLine
(703-370-7649) and reserve time in advance. All other assistance is on a
first-come, first-served time availability basis. Late arrivals will be informed at the door whether sufficient time remains to assist them;
inquire at the clinic before bringing equipment into the building.
- PATACS can non-destructively repartition hard drives on Windows systems for installation of additional Operating Systems. Again, please call to arrange - these can be lengthy!
- Freely distributable GNU/Linux distributions will be installed free of charge on systems having CD-ROM drives. Attendees who
want other Operating Systems installed must bring original copies of the software on appropriate media with them.
- PATACS will provide the necessary hardware and software tools for most common repairs and upgrades. Please call the PATACS AnswerLine
(703-370-7649) in advance if your system repair or upgrade will require
| Home | About Us | Contact | Membership | Org Docs
| Site Map | Search Site |
| Arlington Meetings | Fairfax Meetings | Webinar SIG | Meeting Details |
| PATACS Discussion List | Windows10 References | Protection |
Vendors | Useful Links |
Copyright © 2012 - 2016 PATACS,Inc.
Address comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org://www.patacs.org/clinicpat.html